How to download and install Resource packs in Minecraft
Resource packs can drastically change the way that Minecraft looks and plays, there are thousands of packs available for free. Resource packs simply change the modding experience, and you can download them in just a few minutes. If you have any old texture packs from an older version of Minecraft, these can be converted to the resource pack format and loaded as well. Even one can add custom shaders to Minecraft as said in the bestmcshaders website.
1. Install the Resource packs:
- Resource packs can change the graphics quality, sounds, music, animations and more. They can be found on a variety of popular Minecraft sites, and some are made by fans for fans. Resource packs should always be free.
- When you download the resource pack, it will come in the.ZIP format. Do not extract the ZIP file.
- Ensure that you have downloaded the correct version of the resource pack, the version should match the version of Minecraft you are playing.
- Resource packs can be installed only on the PC version of Minecraft.
2. Run your Minecraft
3. Click on the Options button, when you are on the home screen.
4. Click the Resource Packs button.
5. Open the Resource Packs folder
6. Copy the pack.
- Click and drag the downloaded resource pack ZIP file into the resource packs folder. Ensure that you are copying or moving the resource pack, and not creating a shortcut to it.
- Do not unzip the resource pack.
7. Load the Resource pack:
- Once you have copied the resource pack to the correct folder, you can start using it in Minecraft. You will have to load it so that Minecraft uses it when you are playing. To do so, start Minecraft and log in to your account. Open the Options menu and then select the Resource packs.
- Your newly installed resource pack should be listed in the left column. The active resource packs will be listed in the right column. Select the pack you want to enable and click on the right side arrow to move it from the left column.
- The right column indicates which packs will be loaded first. The top pack will be loaded, then any missing elements will be loaded from the pack below it. Move the packs you want to use primarily to the top by selecting them and clicking on the up arrow.
8. Once you have set the resource packs, you can start the game like you normally would. The resource packs will replace any textures or sound it was designed to, changing your Minecraft experience.